We celebrated Hunter's 4th birthday with a Cars/Water party. Hunter LOVES cars & about the only outdoor activities you can do in June need to include water.
Kimball, Hunter's friend from church, arrived before we were dressed. He wasn't able to come to the party but dropped by early to give Hunter a present.
We started the party with coloring a Cars character. It was a good distraction while I finished up some last minute party preparation! The kids were more excited to color their pictures than I thought they would be!
Trevor asked me if the only reason I throw parties is for the pictures. I like to take lots!
It is my new tradition to get a picture with all of the guests so my kids will remember who was able to come celebrate their birthdays. I decided to get one with Hunter & each of his guests as well.
Chase
Alek
McKenzie
Zachary
Up until this point I was making them pose nicely & smile. Then I decided it would be more appropriate to let them pose how they wanted. It turns out I like the silly poses better! It shows more character.
Favorite Older Brother
Chase
Blake
The only one who posed nicely without even being told to! He's obviously older!
I turned our ordinary slide into a water slide with a slip 'n slide at the bottom.
When I asked Hunter what water games he wanted to play, the first request was the Water Balloon popping game where you sit on a water balloon & pop it. We played this last year and it was a big hit. Obviously my kids like to repeat things! Notice in the back how there is only one balloon on the fence? They were popping like crazy! Must have been the heat!
Grandma & Grandpa stopped by to deliver a birthday present for the Birthday Boy.
I am pretty proud of how this cake turned out. I found the idea online and figured it would be easy enough for me, a complete amateur when it comes to decorating cakes. It was very easy and I didn't regret taking this journey even once while I was doing it! (I usually wonder 'what was I thinking?' during the creation process for major projects).
Present time!
EVERY present was (Disney) Cars related. EVERYTHING! He was a very happy boy!
We even had a Cars pinata. It was one where you pull the strings to set the candy free, but it seemed like the strings were all falling out so easy. I just opened it for them and shook all the candy out like rain falling on their heads.I heard a few cry "ouch!" while I was doing this.
Another game we brought back from last year, the Pop Your Friend's Balloon Game. They all LOVED this game! Some of the guests had already left before I remembered to execute game, but it worked out since some of the balloons had popped during the party. It ended up being an exact amount for the kids who were left!
I wanted a family shot, but Adam had settled down for a nap during the party.
Hunter had such a fun birthday party! Thanks to all the family & friends who came to help us celebrate! It's fun when Hunter gets a turn in the spotlight that Jacob frequently steals for himself!
No comments:
Post a Comment